Raptoreum – RTM cryptocurrency is seeing a growing interest in the last 6 months. Doing to the increasing difficulty of mining on the GPU and higher entry costs a lot of people are turning to CPU mining as a valid alternative. And yes, this is a good starting point to get your head around how mining works, it’s lots easier and the barrier of entry is lower due to the fact that almost any device has a CPU on it.
This is a step by step guide of how to start mine Raptoreum cryptocurrency:
- Download the Raptoreum Wallet from here https://github.com/Raptor3um/raptoreum/releases (official RTM github page) and extract it
– make sure you download the wallet corresponding to your Operating System:
- if you are on Windows, download the _windows_64.zip or _windows_64_setup.exe file
- if you are on Linux download the _ubuntu18_64.tar.gz or _ubuntu20_64.tar.gz file
- if you are on Mac download the _mac.tar.gz or _MAC_64.dmg file
- Open your RTM wallet and let it sync to date
- From the wallet copy the Raptoreum wallet address
- Go to https://flockpool.com/start-mining and go to the step 3 and
- paste your wallet address
- name your worker. This can be any name you want to give it
- set a password to your worker.
- Download the mining software https://github.com/andru-kun/wildrig-multi/releases and extract it.
- Run the command you see at the WildRig Multi step on the https://flockpool.com/start-mining page you opened earlier
- Congrats, you are mining RTM
Let us know what steps do you have issues with.